Monday, August 18, 2008

Idaho

Chris and I went to Idaho over the weekend, to visit my aunt in Burley. I get homesick a lot especially in the summer cause I really start to miss the river. While in town we visited lots with Margie, we went to the Cassia County Fair, and we drove to Twin Falls to shop. I was really excited for the fair, I hadn't been in years. I remember growing up it was always my favorite time of the year. I always looked forward to the food and seeing my friends that I had not seen all summer, plus even though I don't do rides the carnival was always a blast. But, its kind of funny cause it wasn't that great. It wasn't nearly as much fun as when I was little. I guess when you grow up some of the things you just loved kind of lose thier meaning. Then, when we went to Twin Falls we stopped before the bridge in the Snake river canyon, I took lots of pictures. I got some last winter as well, but I wanted some when the canyon was greener. Then, we went and met up with Sue and Roy(Sparky), and did some shopping, and had lots of fun. Margie Took Chris for a late lunch at Johnny Carino's for a birthday dinner since she had not seen him since his birthday. Then on Sunday before we left, we went to the cemetery and put flowers on my mom's grave. Other than for funerals I haven't been there in a while. I realized most of the people I loved so dearly growing up are right there together touching headstones. Lots of Korbs in that cemetery. Well, here are some pictures from our weekend.

Snake River Canyon
Perrine BridgeOther side in Snake River Canyon
Margie & Chris
Margie & I
Chris, Sue , Sparky & Margie outside Johnny Carino's
Me, Sue, Sparky & Margie outside Johnny Carino's Sue, me & Margie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had such a good time shopping with you guys. Can't wait until next time. Love Sue, Sparky and the Boys.