Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Well I made it through Christmas! It was if-y for a bit there, lol. Man alive the holidays are my favorite but this year I was like so behind on everything. I love to wrap that is my ultimate favorite. This year I was wrapping right up to deadlines for parties and gatherings. Only wrappng what I needed for what party. I spent like 12 hours one day making pillow cases. They turned out great, but wow was that an investment in time. But my first real sewing project was a success. I got a late start cause I was doing homework right up until about the 14th. then between work and holiday parties and baking... whew! I am looking forward to a quiet New Years.

I have found these last few years that I hate going out and being in traffic with hoards of drunk, loud people and then worrying about driving on the roads. Its nice to just chill at home with my hubby. This year I was thinking maybe doing a early movie then playing board games. I love board games, my family used to get totgether every new years and play board games and have munchies and watch the new year come in. Loved those.

Chritmas this year was awesome though. We did the Christmas Eve party for Chris's family at our house this year. It turned out pretty well I would have to say. I recieved an awesome book on refurbishing and refinishing from Anne and Darrin, it has some fabulous ideas. I made my Stroganoff, and a Olive Garden Esque salad with thier dressing. Then I found this new recipe for these double chocolate peppermint cookies, they turned out great, warmed then up and put them with ice cream for desert. It was pretty good. Chri's mom got us an ice cream maker for Chritmas, that was awesome. We have already used it. Chris is a ice cream junky. I always joke that its his heroine.

Man I was so spoiled for Christmas this year. Chris got my this awesome frozen drink maker. It will save on our Jo's bill. LOL. Margie got me lots of wonderful things, including pampered chef pasta bowls and supernatural seasons 1-4 (i'm hooked). Sue made us the most amazing quilt and aprons. Mine has polka dots all over it with fat ric rac, and Chris's has raiders. Sue also got me this cute mini cupcake maker and these awesome cook books I can't wait to try.

I did my Eclipse party a couple weeks back and it was really fun. Man I have just been so behind on everything. I was running so behind on getting things ready for the party. Kellie ended up having to make the dinner so I could finigh everything else up. She did a fabulous job though. I made these cake bites or cake balls something to that effect that I saw on Bakerlla's site last February and knew would be perfect for a twilight party, but I did not have one in the summer. At any rate I did red velvet ones, sticking with the black and red of eclipse, and I did oreo ones with white chololate then brushed red gel food coloring over them... they ended up looking like eye balls but still super yummy. Kellie and I made white chocolate popcorn, I am so addicted to that now, and then at the party we made Elcipse ornaments and had dinner and watched the movie. It was a small, intimate but fun group. It was a nice change, since the last one was a nightmare.

Well that is what has been going on in my crazy life lately. I am taking some hard classes this semseter and will probly not write much. I am almost done with my associates. I need to go talk to an academic advisor to figure out what else I need. I think i will be done this summer. Fingers crossed, then off to Weber. I just have to keep telling myself. it will be worth it! LOL.

No comments: