Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Its a Girl!!!

Okay well we are not 100 %. But at my last appointment he said I am pretty sure you're having a girl but I won't tell you 100 % until your next visit. But Chris and I have thought it was a girl from the beginning so I am thinking it probly really is. But I guess we will find out 100% on July 12. Either way I am so super excited for this baby. I cannot wait to meet her or possibly him I guess.

So this last week I have been soo sick. It sucks being sick when your pregnant, cause you really can't take anything for it. I have had a sinus infection, and where I really am not big on taking medicine and I have a pretty high pain tolerance, I have been miserable. I would have killed for Nyquil and Mucinex. Nyquil is just soothing when your sick.. but no soothing for me. I can't even take Emergency.. Love that stuff. The only thing I have been able to take is Tylenol, and I have been doing a sinus rinse 3 times a day, which let me tell you has been soo gross. Without it though, I so wouldn't even be where I am at in the getting better process. Until yesterday I really haven't slept a whole lot or good for about a week. Yesterday after about 1.5 hours of sleep I called in to work. There was no way I was going to make it through a 10 hour day with the way I felt and no sleep. I was at that phase where you're uncomfortable, you have the heebie jeebies, you're in pain, your emotional from sleep deprivation and all you can do is cry which makes things worse. Then I laid down round 9 and slept till almost 2. Almost 5 hours, and it was amazing. I slept hard I didn't even move from where I fell asleeep. I woke up soaked though.. when pregnant if you sleep under covers and don't move around or push the covers off you wake up wet I have found. But man I felt like a million bucks. Almost 5 hours of sleep not interupted with whimpers, choking, coughing, or gaggingor feeling like I swallowed a hot poker. It was bliss. And I am starting to sound less like a man when I talk, plus I can actually talk.

Anyways enough of being sick, I am so excited! I finished my quilt I was talking about a while back. The one carla gave me the pieces to. It turned out pretty good for my very first quilt ever. Working with bias tape for the firt time was interesting too.. let me tell you. But I will put the pictures below. It's so warm and snuggly too becuase of the fleece back. I love it. Plus boy or girl it will still be a great blanket. I am doing the nursery in green and brown, but even though this blanket in none of those colors you will always need a ton of blankets.


Here is one shot of it.. in fours..

here it is spread out in half. I love the bright colors and how they all look so good together...

No comments: