Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4 Day Weekend...

First off I have to share a funny story. So Chris who is extremely hard on phones, no idea how he tears them up soo bad. Anyways his old phone was on its last licks of life and we can't afford a new one right now. Well in all my yardsale stuff I have a ton of old phones to sell well I grabbed my old motorolla pebble out its still in great shape, charged it up and we put his sim card in it. Well I used this phone like 4 or 5 years ago.. so Chris is at work with all these important people and I text him. He texts back whoa holy crap that was embarrassing. Apparently the text tone was still set as Sexy back by Justin Timberlake. I don't care who you are that was just way to funny. And of course I can see him freaking out trying to shut it up. Way too funny to not share.

Well back to work back to work. 4 day weekends always seem to fly by so fast. We had a jam packed weekened though. I was actually pretty lazy on Friday, I was so exhausted. Think I am still recouperating from when I was sick. Saturday was my amazing husband 30th birthday. I spent most of the day doing laundry and folding and marking clothes for our yardsale this next weekend. Then I baked Chris red, white and blue cupcakes. He also requested broccoli salad so I made that as well and we went over to his sisters for dinner.

It was a way fun evening at his sisters. I was kinda relieved she offered to host, I have been a little burnt out lately and it was nice to relax. Anne made the most amazing Cuban sandwhiches and they had this mouthwatering sauce. So need to get that recipe it was so good, Chris and I have been talking about all the things it would taste good on for the last few days. We also had watermelon, love watermelon. Then Chris made homemade chocolate chip ice cream, and his mom made homemade straberry and Vanilla. We got these amazing Cuisinart ice cream makers from Judy for Christmas and We make so much ice cream now. its so much cheaper than buying it and it's fresh and delicious. After dinner we all chatted and took a family picture. I got some fun pictures of Chris playing with Anne, his brothers and Hannah and Isaac. I used my coolpix camera though so the action shots are blurry. I didn't feel like hauling the big camera though. We also did fireworks With Anne, Darrin, Hannah, Isaac and Jonny. That was nice. That was the only night we did fireworks. Though from about the first through last night I felt like I was in a war zone. Fireworks were so loud this year.

Sunday we were really productive. We cleaned out the garage and got all our boxes we had stashed in thier marked for the yardsale. I got eaten alive by mosquitos. Plus we were getting dive bombed by June bugs... creepy little buggers... ick.

On Monday Chris had this amazing idea to built a little shelf for our dresser. We wanted to put the playstation in our bedroom so we could have Netflix in there, but you can't put anything on top of it becuase of the shape. We also wanted our TV a little higher up. We together we measured and sawed the pices for our little stand, put it together and I primed he painted. It turned out pretty good. You can see it here



Birthday boy


this picture was strictly for the goofy look on Darin's face. Too Funny!!


Red, White and blue cupcakes.


Baby bump 19 weeks. Though I look huge, I have only gained 2 lbs.


Boys playing


Just caught a glimpse of thier childhood. Matt is on the other end pitching.


Always coaching


No comments: