Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Monday...er Tuesday... ah whatever

Well I had a great weekend this past weekend. Chris had four days off as well, so we went shopping on Friday, which was nice. We got some more things for the house, and just kinda shopped around. One thing we did get that is heavenly, yet makes gettng out of bed utterly impossible was a mattress pad, and new Jersey sheets. Sleeping has been a pleasure. I hung with one of the besties on Saturday, saw Going the Distance with Drew Barrymore. Super funny! I laughed until I was crying. Chris started painting the basement. Then we took it easy on Sunday and I did a lot of homework. Yesterday, we went to Park City. We originally were going to go to San Diego for Labor day and a chance to get away and spend some time alone, though finance wise it wasn't feasible. Then we had decided to stay in Park City for the weekend like our Honeymoon, yea again.. being a holiday weekend it was too expensive. So we settled for going up for a couple hours and hitting the outlets, and this Christmas shop that we get a family ornament from every year. It was nice, but soo super crowded up there.

Things have been better lately. Writting has been helping. Funny enough I always kept a journal, but the last few years I haven't been writing. What a difference it makes. When it comes to papers however, ugh! I have the worst writer's block. I use to write and would write poems, it would just flow and it was thereputic, but I have just been blocked. I used to be a great writer. I could BS anyting and write well. I think if you don't use it you lose it. Now I am in English this semester and the assignments should be easy, I have plenty of material to work with. Just can't seem to form the words. It's frustrating.

This is going to be a tough semester I think. I am already slammed in homework and barley making deadlines. Just so much to do, and so little time to do it. I am actually enjoying my English and Psychology classes. would enjoy it more if I could form words. I need to get ahead, so that way when I am in Vegas I do not have to worry about anything.

I cannot wait until Vegas. The besties and I planned a girls trip. It is so welcomed and needed after the year I have had. We are going to go to a few shows, and be tourist-y. I am especially excited to go see the Beatles Love show. I was bummed that Paul McCartney was in SLC and I could not afford to go. Tickets were ridiculously priced, though I bet worth every penny.

I am just kind of babbling here. Mindy and I made a pact that we would write on our blogs at least once a week to avoid going months, then having to catch up. I started in the middle and didn't catch up everything. I have just been in a slump. With everything that has gone on, I just decided I was going to use my blog for real stuff, not the fluffy we did this, this and this and it was fun stuff. Its been a nice outlet. The good thing about it is that, I so rarley write, that anyone I had given my addy to stopped reading. So it's been kinda nice to use it as my outlet.

Well, I am still trying to get http://acharmeddoityourself-er.blogspot.com/ up and going. I feel like there just are not enough hours in the day sometimes. I have so many projects that I have completed and so many I am working on. I just need to finish the coding on the other blog, trying to personalize it a bit.

Well at any rate, here is my blog for the week. I may blog more than once a week, but for now my goal is at least once... for having absolutly nothing to say I sure went on and on.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

love it nik i hope you have a great week I miss you